viernes, 14 de agosto de 2015

ToTW - Eat, Pray, Love

This week's trailer came out a little late. This movie, starred by Julia Roberts, also has lots of dialogues and covers something I wanted to write a post about which is the different accents, or ways to talk of people from different nationalities.

Estrenada en el año 2010, y basada en un libro el cual esta igualmente basado en la historia real de la autora, es una historia amena y tipica para mujeres, que los hara llorar y reir.






Transcript:

Her: Here I am, with a ninth generation medicine man... and what do I want to ask him about? getting closer to god...? nope. I want to discuss my relationship.

Her: Since I was fifteen, I've either been with a guy...
Husband: ... Your underwear my queen.
Her: He just folded my delicates!
Friend: You are in so much trouble!
Her: .... or breaking up with a guy.

Her: I haven't had so much as two weeks to just deal with my self!
Boss: You want to go for a year?
Her: I used to have this appetite for my life! and it is just gone!
Her: I want to go some place where I can marvel at something.
Her: I'm going to Italy, India, and i'm going to end the year in Bali.
Boss: I love you and I'm proud of you.
Happiness, hit her...!
Her: I'm having a relationship with my pizza!
Her: This is my no-carb-left-behind experiment, I'm going for it!

The dog days are over!

Man: Why did you come here?
Her: I wanted to find my balance...
Man: If you wanna get to the castle you got to swim the moat!
Her: God! Do you always talk in bumper sticker?
Man: Every day!

Can you hear the horses...!

Woman: You have no sex for a long time baby. I pray for you.

When you're happy like a fool,
let it take you over!

Friend: ...I have the perfect man for you!
Her: I'm so sick of people telling me I need a man!
Him: You don't need a man Liz. You need a champion!

To my friends in New York I say hello...

Man: Life's changing. that's not a bad thing!
Husband: you sound good! stronger!

...Please tell me, what's there to complain about?
This has gotta be a good life!

Her: I'm starving! Where should we go?
Him: We should go to the best restaurant in town...
Her: Of course!
Him: My place!
Her:... Subtle!


Solo unos cuantos comentarios:
  • delicates, la usa para referirse a su ropa intima.
  • es un dicho en ingles, If you want to get to the castle, you got to swim the moat. (Si quieres llegar al castillo debes nadar en el foso).
  • La expresion: to talk in bumpersticker se refiere al uso de frases tipicas usadas en "etiquetas" de auto, tal como la de "have a nice day", que también se colocan en las franelas con mensajes, llamadas graphic tee's.
  • And please, note the different pronunciations and some times grammar mistakes from the people from Asia and Spain.

Keep practicing

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario