jueves, 6 de agosto de 2015

ToTW - Paper Towns

The summer hit Paper Towns is here. Yes I know that this is a "teens" or "young adults" movie, but I also know that the trailer has a lot of dialogues, not much like the previous ones from animations or action movies.

So this time, I opted for a good plot (at least in the trailer) and a really long dialogue. If we want to practice english, we must hear more than : "run soldier!"

Now to the fun part, the dialogue transcript.







Narrating Boy: The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle. My miracle was I wound up living across the street from Margo Roth Spiegelman.
...
Narrating Boy: She was unarguably the most gorgeous creature that god had ever created... Margo´s life was a series of unbelievably epic adventures....
Red haired boy: Are you going to spend the rest of high school pining for this girl?
Narrating Boy: As senior year drew to a close, Margo and I were practically strangers... until this one night....
Boy: What the...
Margo: shhh!
Boy: Margo?
Margo: I need to borrow your car...
Boy: What?
Margo: I have nine things I need to do tonight...
Boy: Can't you just get your boyfriend to do it?
Margo: Ex Boyfriend
...
Margo: my boyfriend has been cheating on me... revenge plot, begins!
...
Boy: Not as weird as it looks!
...
Boy: Stop!
...
Boy: I can't believe you just did that!
...
Margo: Take the picture! Now!
Margo: ...OK now that was fun!
Boy: I can feel my heart beating in my chest!
...
Margo: That is the way you should feel your whole life!
...
Boy: It's beautiful!
Margo: It's a paper town... paper houses and paper people. Everything's uglier up close...
Boy: Not you.
...
Boy: Will things be different in the morning?
Margo: I really hope so...
Narrating Boy: Margo always loved mysteries, maybe she loved them so much... she became one.
Woman: She's gone!
Detective:When was the last time you saw Margo?
...
Girl: You were with her, her last night. It has to mean something.
...
Friend: There’s something in Margo’s window.
Narrating Boy: She left little clues... like breadcrumbs.
Boy: I found something.
Friend: I think she’s sending you a message!... Come find me.

Whispering so hard!

Boy: You’ll go to the paper towns and you’ll never come back.
...
Boy: I think I know where she might be.
Girl: I’m going with you.
Friend: If she’s going, then I’m... definitely going.
...
Boy: Take a risk, stop playing it so safe.
Boy: Maybe that’s what she’s been trying to tell me the whole time.
Boy: What can I say? I’m on a mission.

Smile! The worst is yet to come! We'll be lucky...
if we ever see the sun...

Friend: You love her, right?
Boy: Yeah, I do.

Got nowhere to turn,
and we've got nothing but time.
But the future is forever, the future is forever!
so smile...!



Narrating Boy: Everyone gets a miracle. My miracle was Margo Roth Spiegelman.



Keep Practicing!


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario